I’m alive :)
First of all, Happy New Year! I know its been awhile since I’ve posted anything. My sister has been occasionally saying “I haven’t seen a blog post from you in awhile…” So here it is!
Overall I’ve been cranking away and exercise and eating well, with some exception. ;-) I was inspired to keep on track by our local YMCA’s program “Dashing all the Weigh”. Through the program I weighed in during early Dec and then Jan 3rd I weighed out. The goal was to maintain or lose during the holidays. Certainly a challenge for most!
I started off Dec strong with exercise and eating and of course winter and Christmas caught up with me eventually: sick kids, sick me, parties, family celebrations, FOOD!!
Let me tell you, if there’s ever a way to know you are on the right path with your eating, its to STOP eating so healthy and indulge too much [too much food, too much refined sugar, etc]. By the end of Dec I felt bloated. :) So the day after Christmas I got back on my healthy food and started drinking water like it was going out of style. Ahhhh…much better. :)
I weighed in a bit hesitantly on Thursday [I was certain I was going to be up a few pounds] only to find that the scale showed .4 lbs [yes POINT 4] up. Wheeee! :) I’m proud of this accomplishment. Nov and Dec have always been bad for me in weight management. I’ve often found myself in January up 5 lbs. So dissappointing! I am thrilled to be starting the new year the same as I was before.
Though I must say, 3 weeks without workouts is a BAD idea! I told a friend in class on Wed [my first workout after all that time off] that I will never, ever take 3 weeks off again…EVER. I felt so tired again and I could tell I wasn’t as strong. I know since I was working out so much that I will recover fast, but I plan to not take a break like that again. Of course I’m now sore, too, after 2 days of workouts. Back at it! :)
… scrap that … I still like the word GOALS. But everyone calls them resolutions. I decided to look back at the ones I made last year to see what I did accomplish. Here are last year’s:
- Running 5 miles
- Running a 10K Race
Doing 25 pushups in a row…and then more after that :)Done! they are knee pushups, but my shoulder is still building up strength for “real” ones ;-)
- Designing custom knitting patterns for American Girl dolls
Finishing my UFO [Un Finished Object] knitting projects Half done ;-) I finished up one long standing project, one more to go! Complete decluttering andorganization of my house Also half done – I made good progress in a few rooms.
- Up to date digital scrapbooks for kids & family [I’m about 4-5 years behind!! Yikes! :) ]
Green Up our home – converting all cleaners to green cleaners I have this 99% converted – yay for no chemicals! Create more real food recipes for basic things we eat [=buying less pre-made/processed]Lots of new ones this year! But this will be an never ending goal I think :) I love baking and cooking!
So not too bad overall, I really didn’t push hard with my running stuff overall this year. Though here’s what I DID accomplish that wasn’t on my list:
- Decreasing my running pace from 10:30/11 min miles down to 9/9:30 min miles [so excited about this]
- As a result of that, I got a new PR, under 30 min in a 5K!
- Lost 13 lbs and toned up good this summer with Body Revolution!
- Consistently worked out from June-early Dec [which is definitely a new record in consistency for me!]
Not too bad of a year! :) But its time to set goals for this year… so here’s my plan:
- Run 5 miles [this has to be one of my main goals of the year, I really want to accomplish this!]
- Train for a 10K
- Finish my knitted leaf scarf I’ve been working on for 4 years ;-)
- Start those darn digital scrapbooks! I really want to do them, my goal is going to be doing at least 3 yrs of each kids life this year.
- Finish my decluttering and organizing around the house.
- Get back into working out at least 5 days/week
So there’s my list – what’s on yours? I know some of mine are broad goals and I have broken them down more here on paper but I won’t bore you with all the details right now. :) Now let’s start 2013 STRONG!